Quality : Processing
The HOPPEDIZ® quality - more than just a piece of fabric
We are very pleased to present you details and special features about the HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling:
- The cross twill weave used by us gives the HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling excellent and even stretchability in both diagonal directions. This allows the sling to adjust itself optimally to both the baby's and the carrier's body, and to support the baby's back. In doing so, the sling does not stretch, and it does not lose its stretch even if heavier babies are carried for longer periods.
- The yarn which is used to weave our HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling is made 100% out of long-piled cotton.
- We use high-quality threaded yarn in both warp and weft. This supports the diagonal stretchability and the holding power of the weave, and guarantees exceptional durability.
- Thanks to the high-quality, non-toxic and heavy metal-free dyes which we use, our HOPPEDIZ® Baby Slings are extremely kind to the skin and saliva-resistant.
- The natural yarns are dyed before weaving (this process is known as yarn dyeing). This means that the yarns are exceptionally colour-fast. Thanks to this our HOPPEDIZ® Baby Slings still look like new even after many washes (here we mean, of course, only when using washing powder without fluorescent whitening agents).
- The yarns we use are neither pre-bleached nor chemically finished, and are also completely free of post-treatment.
- We did not receive the overall assessment of "Very GOOD" by the German magazine "ÖKO Test" for nothing.
- Our HOPPEDIZ® Baby Slings are not pre-shrunk after weaving. This production method is unnecessary and expensive, and leads to an unnecessary environmental pollution due to the resulting soap suds. For this reason, HOPPEDIZ® Baby Slings are slightly longer than stated before the first wash, and only have the stated length after this.
- The HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling can be washed at up to 60°C (30°C or 40°C is, however, normally sufficient) and can be dried in a tumble drier. This means that it becomes pleasantly soft even without fabric softeners.
- The HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling can also be used as an obstetric aid in the delivery room.
- Here it can be loaded with a tensile force of up to around 700 kg. This results was determined by the Technical University of Dresden ( Institute for Textile and Process Engeneering ) to DIN EN ISO 139434-1.
- Stable position of the HOPPEDIZ® Baby sling is guaranteed by the double-hemmed edges, even under longer and havier loading.
- We offer some of the baby sling designs by Hoppediz in COC ( Controlled Organic Crop) cotton. COC cotton means that we use raw cotton from growers which do not use any pesticides or synthetic fertilisers on the fields. Since the cotton is picked by hand, the use of defoliants is unnecessary.
Special features of the HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling
- The edges are woven in constrating colours so that they are easier to find when pulling tight.
- Two labels indicate the centre of the cloth, which makes finding the centre during tying considerably easier.
- The HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling is cut obliquely and parallel at the ends so that the cloth ends are easier to knots with, because they are not so thick and podgy.
- A pouch is located at the end of the sling offering space for keys, purses or even tissues. The pouch "in the sling" is approax. 20 x 25 cm, and easy to close with two practical hook-and-loops fasteners.
Here it can be loaded with a tensile force of up to around 700 kg. This result was determined by the Technical University of Dresden (Institute for Textile and Process Engineering) to
DIN EN ISO 139434-1.
- Stable positioning of the HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling is guaranteed by the double-hemmed edges, even under longer and heavier loading.
- The edges are woven in contrasting colours so that they are easier to find when pulling tight.
- A marker in contrasting colours indicates the centre of the cloth, which makes finding the centre during tying considerably easier.
- The HOPPEDIZ® Baby Sling is cut obliquely and parallel at the ends so that the cloth ends are easier to tie knots with because they are not so thick and podgy.
- All HOPPEDIZ® Baby Slings (except for the dolly sling) are supplied with expensive, well-illustrated and easy to understand tying instructions (60 pages, colour, DIN A4). This enables parents who do not have the opportunity to attend a carrying course to get to know the tying methods and the advantages of carrying in a sling without problems.